The £multi-billion UK engineering services sector is launching a major new industry alliance of eight organisations on 10 February. The new alliance will be an agent for positive change and support the delivery of a safer, more productive and sustainable UK built environment.
The new sector alliance will launch on the morning of 10 February at 10 am, with a virtual industry event. You can register via https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3790897702077202445 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The new alliance brings together the leading trade, technology, research and professional bodies within the engineering services sector. It will lead the sector’s response to the Building Safety agenda and post-COVID Green Recovery, providing direction and championing the wider industry culture changes needed for their successful delivery.
The eight organisations bring a broad range of technical, practical and commercial expertise to focus on four strategically important themes – skills, building safety, carbon reduction and commercial issues in 2021.
The newly formed alliance consists of:
· The Building Engineering and Services Association (BESA)
· The Building Services Research and Industry Association (BSRIA)
· The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
· ECA – Electrical and Engineering Services
· The Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA)
· The Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA)
· SELECT – the Electrical Contractors’ Association of Scotland
· The Scottish and NI Plumbing Employers’ Federation (SNIPEF