Isuzu UK’s Driven To Do competition has ended after choosing a winner from over 500 entries. Isuzu were looking for a driven entrepreneur who would be given the chance to boost their pandemic-born business through winning the loan of an All-New Isuzu D-Max for one year. Entrants provided Isuzu with an array of small businesses to choose from, trading in Venetian Plastering to Cookie Dough, and after much consideration a shortlist was compiled and the lucky winner announced.
Isuzu UK made a commitment to support key workers and local communities throughout the pandemic, loaning vehicles free of charge to businesses and services that needed to get medicine and food to people who were in need and hard to reach. After the challenging year that was 2020, Isuzu UK wanted to extend this generosity by giving a motivated businessperson the chance to push their business in the right direction after starting in a difficult year.
The competition offered the most driven entrant an opportunity to win:
- The loan of an All-New Isuzu D-Max V-Cross in Spinel Red for one year
- Marketing and Social support from 438 Marketing
- Vehicle decals for the D-Max with the winner’s company information
- Top tips and advice in a one-to-one Zoom business meeting with Managing Director of Isuzu UK, William Brown.
- 1 year’s fully comprehensive insurance from Admiral Van Insurance
The top of the range All-New Isuzu D-Max V-Cross is the perfect partner for local business owners as it combines smart new styling and improved off-road performance with impressive safety technology. Not only does it deliver the capability and durability you would expect from an Isuzu pick-up truck, but this tough workhorse also adds superior levels of refinement so helps make that important first impression.
Isuzu UK received an overwhelming response from a wide variety of deserving businesses and shortlisted:
- Outlaw Industries – A bespoke paddle board and kayak manufacturer based in Christchurch, Elvis is driven by a passion for designing and crafting custom-made paddle boards to set-sail on his new business adventure.
- Rusty Nail 2021 – Roy makes handmade rustic furniture from reclaimed wood that would otherwise be thrown away. Selling his products though his online shop on Etsy, Roy is driven to build a business for his family and has already been greatly successful giving unused items a new purpose.
- We Do Dough – Mother and daughter duo Chloe and Heather started a thriving cookie dough business during the pandemic. Completely selling out at their first few pop-up events, they now have queues around the block and this pair have big plans for their unique products.
It was a unanimous decision from the panel at Isuzu and they are delighted to announce the worthy winner of the Driven competition is We Do Dough. They currently use 3 vehicles to transport and sell their popular products at local events when all they really need is one, the award-winning All-New Isuzu D-Max V-Cross to get the job done.
Isuzu’s competition winners Chloe and Heather commented “Our small business has grown faster than we could have imagined within the first year of trading. Keeping up with the growing demand for our products has proven difficult recently so having the D-Max will be a huge help. Isuzu have even offered to fit a ___ canopy onto our V-Cross so we can fit more of our cookie dough in the load bed. We are really excited to see how the decals look on the D-Max, it will help us look more professional whilst serving as great advertising. Most importantly, we are so glad we get to experience this together as mother and daughter, and we are very excited to see what this next year brings as we work with Isuzu and 438 Marketing.”
William Brown, Managing Director at Isuzu UK added: “Congratulations to We Do Dough. Their enthusiasm and passion for their product was the deciding factor in our decision and we could not have chosen a more driven team. Chloe and Heather regularly take up to 500kg of cookie dough, their stand and equipment to various Food Festivals so the V-Cross will be a great asset to their business. I would like to thank 438 Marketing and Admiral Van Insurance for supporting this project and enabling us to create such an appealing opportunity. Thank you to all who applied, and I look forward to following We Do Dough’s achievements over the next year.”
All models come with a 125,000 mile / 5 Year warranty and 5 years UK and European roadside assistance. Power is derived from an efficient, Euro 6D compliant diesel engine, which produces up to 164PS and 360Nm of torque, which comfortably tows up to 3.5t and can carry over one tonne payload.